The Winter Park Public Library is gearing up for its much-anticipated moving day later this year. The new facility will officially open to the public and begin normal operations on December 13 at 9 a.m. A community open house will be held at the new library on Saturday, December 11, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. to celebrate the new location, located at 1052 W. Morse Blvd.
The current library facility, located at 460 E. New England Ave., will close to the public beginning October 31 to prepare for the move and therefore operations will stop October 29 at 6 p.m.
The following policies will be in place while the library is closed from October 31 through December 13:
- Extended lending period: Borrowed library materials will not be due before December 15. No fines will be accrued during this time period.
- Returning items: Borrowed materials may be dropped off and will be picked up at the book drop at the old building in November.
- Holds: All current holds will be fulfilled and will transfer to the new library building. You will not be able to place new holds on materials after November 1.
- Interlibrary Loan: No new requests for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) will be accepted after October 15. ILL will resume on December 13.
- Digital Access: Access to eBooks and audiobooks, streamed movies, music, and TV shows will still be available online during the building closure.
The Polly Seymour New Leaf Bookstore will follow the same closing period and open on the first floor of the new facility.
Discussion of what will happen to the old library building is underway with City of Winter Park officials.
For more information, call 407-623-3300 x 3 or email email@example.com.