Winter Park’s culinary community will be sharing the spotlight and serving a good cause as Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining returns, Aug. 26-Oct. 2.
The popular program, now in its 17th year, offers $40 prix-fixe, three-course dinner menus with a $1 donation from every meal going to a local nonprofit. This year’s proceeds will benefit The Able Trust, an organization dedicated to expanding employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Visit Orlando will also award a $2,000 donation to one local nonprofit in each of Orange County’s six commission districts that also supports workforce development.
“The program continues to be a source of support for our local businesses and provides funds for charities right here in our community,” said Visit Orlando President & CEO Casandra Matej in a prepared statement.
This year’s roster of more than 100 restaurants includes 14 Winter Park-based businesses. Among them are recent Michelin Guide honoree The Ravenous Pig, and Hamilton’s Kitchen at the Alfond Inn at Rollins College, which has been a Magical Dining participant since opening in 2013.
“Hamilton’s Kitchen is extremely happy to once again participate in this year’s Visit Orlando’s Magical Dinning,” Alfond Inn General Manager Jesse Martinez told the32789. “This allows our community and visitors from around the world to experience the many extraordinary culinary venues throughout Central Florida while giving back to a deserving charity.”
See the current list of Winter Park restaurants participating in this year’s Magical Dining below – some additions may be made in the coming weeks. Click on the names for a look at event menu options and reservation information:
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: 933 North Orlando Ave.
- Bovine Steakhouse: 319 South Park Ave.
- Umi Winter Park: 525 South Park Ave.
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine: 108 South Park Ave.
- Blu on the Avenue: 326 South Park Ave.
- Reel Fish Coastal Kitchen: 1234 North Orange Ave.
- Hamilton’s Kitchen, Alfond Inn: 300 East New England Ave.
- Rocco’s Italian Grille & Bar: 400 South Orlando Ave.
- Vinia Wine & Kitchen: 444 W New England Ave. #119
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House Winter Park: 610 North Orlando Ave.
- 310 Park South: 310 Park Ave. South
- The Bridge Restaurant: 155 East Morse Blvd.
- Chez Vincent: 533 West New England Ave.
- The Ravenous Pig: 565 West Fairbanks Ave. (event menu not yet posted)
Guests are encouraged to make reservations as soon as possible to ensure the availability of preferred dates. For more information visit the Magical Dining website.